City Council & Election Information
City Council, Mayor, and City Administrator - March 2017
Back row (left to right): Council Members Nate Dotson, Greg Schultz, Dave Burbank, Kevin P. Raney, and Brent Svenby.
Front row (left to right): Council Member Jeff Okerberg, Mayor Tom Kuntz, City Administrator Kris Busse, and Council Member Doug Voss.
Regular Meeting Schedule
- 7:00 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month
- Council Chambers
Owatonna Administration Building
540 West Hills Circle
Owatonna, MN 55060
Elected City Officials
The Mayor and City Council members are the elected leaders of the City Government. Each was elected to serve a 4-year term.
Mayor: Thomas A. Kuntz,
- Doug Voss, Council Member at Large
- Jeff Okerberg, Council Member at Large
- Dave Burbank, Third Ward
- Nathan Dotson, First Ward
- Kevin P. Raney, Fourth Ward
- Greg Schultz, Second Ward
- Brent Svenby, Fifth Ward
The City Council makes all policy decisions in matters such as: budgets, improvement projects, legislation and zoning. The Council hires the City Attorney and City Administrator, and confirms appointments to the City’s Boards, Commissions, and Department Head positions.
View the 3-year Strategic Plan - 2020-2022
View Council Meetings
Council Meetings may be viewed on the Owatonna Live website.
The most recent meeting will also play on these public access channels: Charter Cable Channel 181 & Jaguar Cable Channel 900
The meetings will air at the following times:
- Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Saturdays at 4 p.m.
- Sundays at 4 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.