Animal Control primarily responds to concerns about domestic animals within the City of Owatonna. Community Service Officers also update the Animal Control Facebook page.
Information Requested to Have Animal Control Respond to a Call
- Description of the animal
- Description of the complaint
- Location of the complaint
- Possible animal owner information
- Reporting party information
- Fees and charges can be found in chapter 35
- 90.08 Impounding and Dis- Subd. 2 charging of Animals Impounding fee of $ 25 and $50 for second
- 90.27 Occurrence within 12 months - $100 for any occurrences over two within 12 months
- 1st Offense: $ 25
- 2nd Offense: $ 50
- 3rd Offense: $ 100
Boarding fees are $20 a day plus any incurred veterinary or laboratory expenses.